It’s another target day this coming Saturday.
A longer round this time so 1pm set-up for 1.15 start.
We are shooting Western Rounds:
4 dozen shot at 2 distances (so an 8 dozen round) all on a big 122cm target face.
Imperial round so 5 zone scoring,
yellow = 9
red = 7
blue = 5
black = 3
white = 1
New Western 100 yards & 80 yards
Long Western 80 yards &60 yards
Western 60 yards & 50 yards
Short Western 50 yards & 40 yards
Junior Western 40 yards & 30 yards
Junior Short Western 30 yards and 20 yards
The shoot will count towards your classifications (3rd class, 2nd class, 1st class & bowman) – a shiny badge will be available at the end of the season for those that are successful.
Please let me know by close on Thursday whether you are shooting.
We are reinstating club nights starting next Tuesday (22 June).
Club nights will run on Tuesday and Thursday’s from 5.30pm until dusk.
You will not need to book a lane.
I suggest we use the WhatsApp group, if you are attending please let your fellow members know by noting on the group chat.
For those concerned about the Covid restrictions the AGB guidance on shooting at a range is:
In England, there is no limits (on numbers) on sport, therefore there is not a maximum number of archers shooting as long as social distancing and the guidance is adhered to. This means your maximum number is decided by the facility size and safety.
We can shoot two to a boss, pulling own arrows and keeping socially distanced. As we are outside the wearing of masks is not compulsory, but if you feel happier to do so, then please do.
We are (normally) a sensible bunch; please use common sense.
Target Day on Saturday – 1.30pm set-up for 1.45pm start.
We’re shooting a WA900.
That’s 30 arrows at each of 60m, 50m & 40m. 90 arrows in total
All at a big 122cm target face.
Let me know by close on Thursday if you are shooting.
The email iis earlier than normal as I’m away over the coming weekend until the middle of next week.
On 5th June from 1.30pm we will be shooting Long Metric Rounds
A Long Metric is:
- 72 arrows (6 Dozen)
- Shot in ends on 6 arrows
- 122cm face (the big one)
- 3 dozen at your long distance
- 3 dozen at your short distance
Distances – there are a number of different distances; you do not need to shoot 90m.
The rounds (distances) are:
- Long Metric Gents 90 metres & 70 metres
- Long Metric 1 (also ladies & masters) 70m & 60 m
- Long Metric 2 60m & 50m
- Long Metric 3 50m & 40m
- Long Metric 4 40m & 30m
- Long Metric 5 30m & 20m
Please let me know by Thursday 3 June if you intend to shoot.
It’s a fun and friendly way to start shooting scoring rounds, there are Classifications available (3rd class, 2nd class, 1st class & Bowman) – you’ll need 3 qualifying scores over the summer to get a classification and a shiny badge for your quiver.
Get plenty of practice over the next week and I look forward to seeing you on 5th June.
There is another target day this Saturday, 1.30pm for 1.45 start.
This week we are shooting an American Round.
The round is shot on the big 122cm target face and the details are:
2.5 dozen 60 yards
2.5 dozen 50 yards
2.5 dozen 40 yards
90 arrows in total
It is 5 zone scoring,
gold = 9,
red = 7,
blue = 5,
black = 3,
white = 1 &
green = 0
Please let me know by close of Thursday if you are planning on shooting.
Under the current Covid rules we are able to have coaching sessions at the field.
Brian has offered to arrange a couple of sessions two or three weeks apart if people are interested. First thoughts are to do this early evenings to take advantage of the improving evenings. This is not set in stone and daytimes may be arranged if there is any demand.
Please reply to this email if this is something that may be of interest.
Are there particular subjects that you would want to cover?
If there is some interest I’ll speak to Brain and we’ll sort out some details.
The rounds will be shot on Saturday afternoons between 1.30pm and 4.30pm.
The scores on these days will be eligible scores for your Outdoor Classifications, 3rd Class, 2nd Class, 1st class and Bowman.
The proposed rounds are:
||08 May 2021
||22 May 2021
||05 June 2021
||19 June 2021
||03 July 2021
||17 July 2021
||07 August 2021
||21 August 2021
||04 September 2021
||Short Metric/Club champs??
||18 September 2021
I attach details of the rounds, distances, number of arrows etc.
I hope you can come out to play over the summer.
Look forward to seeing you.
We’re counting down the days to Monday and we can get out to shoot at the field.
It is important that we follow the guidelines that are put in place by AGB and ultimately UK Government; the ability to shoot as an organised sport is a concession and we don’t want that concession to be withdrawn.
So… if you want to shoot:
- Book your slot on the club website https://member.clophillac.co.uk/?login. If you have forgotten how to do this please let me know and I can provide a refresher.
- If you look at the booking system and just decide to head to the field as it is empty, please book the slot
- Face coverings are not required while outside on the field
- Use the sanitizer in the small brown shed if moving bosses
- The club house is to remain closed, unless there is a first aid emergency or equipment is needed – then if in the clubhouse please wear a face covering
- At the moment, it is one archer per boss or a family group/bubble (this may change so watch this space)
- We need a discussion with the Village Hall re toilets, so at this time they remain out of bounds
The ladder is up and running again, the same format as last year.
If you entered last year your details have been copied across to the new spring ladder, including your closing handicap.
You will notice that the ladder has been inverted!
All names are currently greyed out and you will need to click the join this ladder button.
The ladder is in the same place on the website as lat year, ie go to the field booking page and click "competitions"
Format is the same:
- 80cm target face
- 36 arrows
- shot in a "set" system, one set is 6 arrows and the handicap applied to each set. 2 points for a set win.
- you don’t need to worry about the handicaps etc, all you need to do is challenge your opponent, when the challenge is accepted shoot your round of 36 arrows, enter your scores into the handy scoring matrix and the ladder does the rest.
- if you need refresher of the rules and can’t find it in your archived emails please let me know.
The ladder worked well last year and kept some good interest going, please let’s do the same this year.
Hope to see you at the field.
Its been a while since I’ve sent something round to you all – hooray I hear you say!
As you’re no doubt aware the Boris’ Roadmap allows us to start shooting again from 29 March.
The preliminary schedule for recommencement is …….
1. Monday 29 March – we will open the field through the booking system (booking system allows you to book two weeks in advance)
2. The 2nd April to 4 April is Easter weekend – plenty of opportunity for members to shoot.
3. Saturday 10 April – field party
4. We will restart the ladder, again over 30m on 80cm target face. The plan is to re-boot the ladder and details will follow.
5. No organised rounds yet (apart from the ladder) – although nothing to stop informal rounds being shot. With regards to Outdoor Classifications (3rd Class, 2nd Class, 1st Class & Bowman) are concerned, we believe that we should be able to have the equivalent of "Target Days" but we are researching the details so watch this space.
As you can see from #1 above – we will still need to use the booking system, if anyone needs reminding of how this works please let me know.
Re #3 – the field has been left to its own devices for some time and it needs a bit of TLC. We will have a field party on 10 April in line with any restrictions that are in place – details will follow.
If anyone has any marvelous ideas on rounds/shoots/competitions etc please let us know.
Let’s kick off the new outdoor season with positive intent – it will be great to see you up at the field.
So ………. Huzzah
While we haven’t heard directly from AGB yet the Government guidance is specific – Archery Ranges will be closed during the lockdown announced last night.
It’s time to get out those stretchy bands and pick up your bow for those lovely bow drills, keep up that bow strength for the time when we can all get out again and shoot.
For those of you looking for archery related content, there is plenty on YouTube – either to watch the pros and see how its done, or form and practice tips (I thoroughly recommend https://www.youtube.com/c/JakeKaminskiArchery)
We will seek to keep you updated of any changes either here or on the WhatsApp group. If there is anyone out there not on the WhatsApp group and would like to be, please reply with your number and I will add you.
Please do not use the field until further notice.
I normally sign these off with "shoot straight" but that doesn’t seem appropriate today.